Who Are We?
Independent Physicians Association of Lee County, (IPALC), is a group of physicians who are concerned about maintaining the quality of medical care in our community. There are a variety of financial and societal pressures that are motivating change in the organization of the delivery of medical care. The status quo is clearly not the future, and significant change is inevitable.
Physicians are central to the delivery of medical care and must have a voice in this process. In order to participate, physicians must be informed, and our intent is to serve as an independent source of information about local events that influence our ability to provide quality care to our community.
- Build an organization of independent physicians committed to working together to deliver high quality, efficient medical care in both inpatient and outpatient environments
- Serve as advocate for independent physicians
- Disseminate information regarding local health care issues
- Create a referral service for independent physician practices
- Preserve patient choice by making available personalized, quality medical care
- Encourage development of efficient, cost effective care models
- Take leadership positions in local health care delivery issues
- Encourage adoption & integration of electronic medical records by all practices & hospitals
- Encourage the use of evidence based medicine
- Participate in collaborative efforts to improve medical care efficiency
- Share “best practice” experiences to benefit all providers
- Facilitate a healthy, productive dialog with the local hospital board and administration
- Support graduate medical education programs in the community