Who is IPALC?
The Independent Physicians Association of Lee County (IPALC) is a group of Fort Myers physicians, Naples physicians, Cape Coral physicians, and Bonita Springs physicians who are concerned with maintaining the quality of medical care in our community of Southwest Florida. There are currently a variety of financial and societal pressures motivating change in the organization and delivery of medical care nationwide; the status quo is clearly not the future, and significant change is inevitable.
Physicians are central to the delivery of medical care and must have a voice in this process, however, in order to participate, physicians must be informed. Our intent is to serve as an independent source of information regarding local events that influence our ability to provide quality healthcare in Lee County.
- Build an organization of independent physicians in Lee County, committed to working together to deliver high quality, efficient medical care in both inpatient and outpatient environments
- Serve as an advocate for independent physicians in Lee County
- Disseminate information regarding local health care issues
- Create a referral service for independent physician practices in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples, and Bonita Springs
- Preserve patient choice by making available personalized, quality medical care
- Encourage development of efficient, cost effective care models
- Take leadership positions in local Lee County health care delivery issues
- Encourage adoption and integration of electronic medical records by all practices and hospitals
- Encourage the use of evidence-based medicine
- Participate in collaborative efforts to improve medical care efficiency
- Share “best practice” experiences to benefit all providers
- Facilitate a healthy, productive dialog with local hospital boards and administration
- Support graduate medical education programs in the community